Guerrilla reader Chema Guijarro grew up between Calexico, CA, and Mexicali, B.C., his fiction focuses on the border region, the immigrant and emigrant experience and Latin-American culture. In this video, he reads from his short story As the Flames Rose, which appears in the anthology You Don’t Have a Clue: Latino Mystery Stories for Teens.
support your favorite writersLike what you see here on GuerrillaReads?
Here are four easy ways you can support writers and their work:
- RT @Salim_SYR: From #Aleppo: "When the siege breaks I will ask you to marry me". #Syria. Credit: unknown https://t.co/GtEotiuh3J 16 hours ago
- RT @Cati_Mayer: I loved the stories from these great artists at #LitCrawlLA tonight! #GetLitNoHo #RefugeesWelcome #poetry #literature https… 16 hours ago
- Thank you to @tiyyaFDN & 4 great Spoken Journeys readers @guerrillareads #RefugeesWelcome #LitCrawlLA @LitCrawlLA https://t.co/PPrdarkRxY 16 hours ago
- Spoken Journeys is only 30 mins from now #RefugeesWelcome @LitCrawlLA in NoHo facebook.com/events/1128848… https://t.co/UggBNPpWvl 19 hours ago
- You still have 90 mins to get to Spoken Journeys w @tiyyaFDN @LitCrawlLA #LitCrawlLA #refugees #literature facebook.com/events/1128848… 20 hours ago
Now available on AmazonMy newest ebook - Body of Work
Banner image courtesy of
Ben Gibbs Design